The Sausage Platter

Sunday, August 3, 2008 ·

Last night, my dinner was different. I have been unfortunately working over the weekend and stressed out of working the whole of Saturday. So I decided I need to freshen up my mood by cooking something good. I decided that I will not use a single ingredient from an Indian kitchen.

I do not know what this dish can be called, but here is how to make it:

1. You would need sausages. I used turkey, please feel free to take you pick.
2. Potato, boiled and peeled. Fresh cream.
3. Vegetables of your choice, cubed. I chose broccoli, baby corn and sliced carrot.
4. Olive oil, oregano, paprika, crushed dried tomato, chilli flakes, fresh black pepper, salt.

Sautee the cubed vegetables with a little olive oil on high flame. Strew salt and black pepper and wait just enough for the flavor to emit. Your vegetables are done.

Thaw the sausages. Slit them a wee bit diagonally at 3-4 places along the length for the spices to enter. Dab them with olive oil and sprinkle the oregano, chilli flakes, paprika and tomato flakes. DO NOT add salt! Sausages are very salty already. Now put this entire ensemble into the microwave or oven and keep for 5 minutes. Turn them around, sprinkle some more spice and keep it for another 2-3 minutes. Your sausages should be ready. Depending on what meat you choose, the cooking time may vary. Please use your judgment.

Mash the potato, add fresh cream, salt and mash more into a smooth blend.

So you have your dinner ready. Mine looked like this, and tasted decent. I would rate it at 7 on 10. I need to understand the finer balances of continental spices:


If you ever try this recipe, please let me know how you liked it. If you have suggestions for improvement, you are more than welcome to comment.

2 comments:

KitchenKarma said...
August 3, 2008 at 5:29 PM  

it looks truely yummy...you didnt say how it tasted?...am sure it was good...
i love broccoli for some unknown reason and can eat any amount of it-- steamed or baked or in any other form...if you like cheese...maybe could add a lil grated cheese in the mashed potato...when i am in indulgent mood (which is often) i out grated cheese on top of the mashed potato and put it in the oven for 5 mins...the cheese melts and makes it yummy....

KitchenKarma said...
August 3, 2008 at 5:54 PM  

sorry didnt notice the 7 out of 10 line initially....

Recent Visitors

Number of visits