Why?

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 ·

Trying to look back, I find this is the toughest form of question I have ever faced. I had a routine of meekly entering home from school the day our grades were published and the inevitable would happen - Mom looking at each of the subject grades and shouting "Why Sapphire?! Why???!!!". I had no answer ever.

Starting from then, these three letters have always challenged me, in many forms and contexts. In most of the occasions I have failed miserably. But as years passed, I started realising that they always made me introspect the most, and I must say that now I am better at answering why's better than I was at before (which includes trying to be smart and retort "It's my preference really!" when I do not have a suitable explanation).

With that let me try answering a few why's right here, right now.

Why a blog?

OK. This is a simple one. I think writing a blog serves a few purposes. For one, I am deeply interested to see how my thoughts, knowledge, emotions change over a period of time. Trend analysis, modelling and forecasting, you see! Secondly, I have been told time and again by my friends that I am crafty with words and that I should write. I have been contemplating about writing for quite some time and then I thought, "Why not a blog? Its such an in thing!!!". Finally, since I am interested and get involved in a lot of things, I will be writing on a wide spectrum of topics, which, after months or years together, would be of interest to some people, and they will visit my blog to extract pearls of wisdom from here. Why? I can almost imagine that this post becomes as famous as this, or this >(:o)

Why this name?

I knew this was coming, and I am prepared. The real story of how I got this name was a dream (the night kind). A couple of years back I had this vivid dream where I saw a lot of big sparkling sapphires in endless space. The color was exactly like what it would be if you hold a bottle of royal blue ink (Has it not been ages since we have seen one? Elegance, alas, is a lost art.) against the sun. The bright sunlight made them look as if they had honey-filled hearts. I could see large, velvetty, ink blue drops oozing from them, and falling somewhere I do not know. But I could distinctly hear the soft, relaxing "blob, blob, blob". When I got up, I had this name stuck in my head and I liked it very much.

Why now?

Ahem! Questions have started getting tougher! You see, everything waits for the time for it to happen. :-D

Enough of this why stuff now! We have a cool breezy night outside and Copenhagen is flaunting its best weather. This weekend there is a beer festival in Bakken, I wonder whether I will be able to make it there, after handling all the probable production issues on Friday. But first, I will really try to reach office early tomorrow. And day after. And all days after that ...

Man what a goal driven life am I living!!! And why???!!!

1 comments:

KitchenKarma said...
July 31, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

what a beautiful dream and that too in colour :)
yes you should write more, you do have a way with words...
also copenhagen gave the clue as to who you are or who you maybe...

Recent Visitors

Number of visits